Recorded on June 30, 2021
Click "Register" to access the recording.
HIV and Oral Health Update:
What every dental professional needs to know about oral manifestations, treatment considerations, current trends in HIV, and the role of the healthcare team in HIV prevention and care
David Reznik, DDS
Director | Oral Health Center of Grady's Infectious Disease Program
Chief of Dental Medicine Service, Grady Health System
Helene Bednarsh, BS, RDH, MPH
Dental Director, New England AIDS Education and Training Center
A webinar for health professionals relative to oral health and interprofessional collaboration to improve the overall quality of health in people with PWH. This two-hour webinar reviewed HIV disease, oral concerns, trends, and the importance of interprofessional collaboration.
- Discuss the current trends and epidemiology of HIV disease in the U.S.
- Understand the role of oral health in the diagnosis and care of patients with HIV.
- Discuss dental treatment considerations for people with HIV.
- Review the most common oral manifestations seen in association with HIV.
- Review post exposure management.
- Understand current available resources for providers and those with HIV.
- Discuss the roles of dental and non-dental providers in the overall health and well-being of PWH.
- Review the challenges to care relative to COVID-19.